Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Distraction

OK, so the past few days at work have been brutal. I had to go home sick on Monday for my well-documented tummy funk, and all week I've been embroiled in a software upgrade gone completely sideways. To put it in a nutshell, our paperless office has been forced to revert back to our hard-copy, tree-killing days of yore, and it is seriously bumming me out. I don't even feel up to Facebook, which means I am wicked mopey. Wait, I may feel a status update coming on...

The only thing I looked forward to this evening was my first love--the one that has never failed me like that stupid Mike Middleton did when he broke up with me in 11th grade by putting a wadded-up note in my locker--yes, my old stand-by boyfriend, television. For tonight was a night of wonder. First, Marquette played UConn, then there was American Idol, and wrapping up the entire mind-numbing sloth-fest was the season finale of Top Chef. How terribly wrong I was.

First, and foremost, Marquette lost (boooooo!). But worst of all, the game was called by my second-most-hated person alive, Dick Vitale. I hate him with the white-hot heat of 1000 suns, which is still less than the amount that I hate Bob Huggins, but still an awful lot, especially for a Wednesday night. Second, American Idol absolutely sucks this year. I seriously need to petition Fox to have the age-limit bumped up a coupla-coupla because I can so sing better than half of the doofi on tonight's broadcast (for those non-English majors in the crowd, doofi would be the plural form of doofus). I am now anxiously awaiting Top Chef, in the hopes that its excitement and entertainment value redeems my night--nay, my entire week.

I know I shouldn't pin so much hope on a single, pre-recorded event, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I am confident that I will find the distraction that I crave tonight, and if anyone has a problem with me spending 3 hours in front of the television in order to find said distraction, they can suck it, and suck it hard. For the time-being, I am at peace, my mind is at rest, and I have a rockin' recipe for gumbo to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment