OK, so I suffered another romantical set-back this week--a rather ouchie one. But hey, live and learn, right? I am really just hoping that I learn whatever it is that I'm missing here...and soon. I'm in a somewhat contemplative mood, putting off what I'm sure will be a night chock-full of tossing and turning, and so I wonder...
Who cares if Kwame leaves the D to move to the Big D? Hasn't he done enough to embarrass the office and the city, and more importantly, where will poor Christine Beatty be given safe haven? Is it too early to bet that Carlita will veto Houston?
Why would anyone get a French Manicure on their toes? Is it just me, or is the illusion of longer nails not particularly appealing on your piggies?
Why do they even bother to open Hines Drive at this time of year? Flooded again?? Really.
If Jay Leno is willing to come to the D and perform for free, thus bringing badly needed attention to the paralyzing economic climate in our area, is it really appropriate to publicly berate him for doing his show at the Palace and not in the City proper?
Is there anyone funnier than the Oldest Chica when she tells a much-repeated story about a friend at school, and finishes it by saying, "Oh, man, that just never gets old!"?
Who makes up the brain-trust at MDOT that closed the exit ramps to Mound Road at 696, thus making Dequindre the detour of choice, when that particular stretch has more cavernous potholes than Main Street in Kabul?
Why did the Girl Scout Cookie delivery directly coincide with my attempt to stuff myself into an inordinately tiny LBD for my high school reunion?
Is there anything in the world that makes me feel better as a grounded, sensible mom than watching those wacky pageant mothers on Toddlers & Tiaras?
Would it really be so bad if the Lie-Downs changed their uniform colors? Really, how successful can a group of men become when saddled with a unifying hue named Honolulu Blue?
Is there any shadow of a doubt that the Snuggie is one of the sole, crystal-clear reasons Americans are so fat and lazy?
See, that is better. Maybe not all the questions that I need answered right now, but at least it's a start.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment